Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sleepy + Hungry

This last week has been a good one. I've spent a lot of time with my mom since we're the only ones home all day and I've loved it. This past weekend I met up with my friends Laura and Dakota and it was a perfect summer day - we got Starbucks, talked about everything in our lives and laughed about everything. I also helped my friend Oriana find a prom dress and she ended up finding a beautiful cream lace dress at H&M that was perfect for her. That night Oriana and I went downtown to a bar called Cali for my friend Julia's 20th birthday. A lot of my old friends were there including my ex boyfriend who I've seen only now twice since we broke up 8 months ago. I thought it might be awkward, but I ended up having a really nice time with people that I missed a lot. This week I've spent a lot of time at my old school with friends of mine that are in younger grades, like Laura. She's my ex boyfriend's sister and easily my best friend. Yesterday we spent pretty much the entire school day together and I have missed her so much. The best friendships are those that can survive a year (or more, in others' cases) away from each other and still be the same when you're together again. Laura, Oriana and Julia are perfect examples of that, and I am so thankful to have these three people are in my life. Throughout the last year they were there for me when I needed them most, more than anyone else I know. Getting to spend a lot of time with them this weekend made me extremely happy and was a good preview for how excellent the rest of the summer will be!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you've been having fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw all of this is too cute lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a gap year at the moment and can only say that your right: the best friendships are those that survive a year away from each other.

    ReplyDelete